Skip to main content

It is happening!

On May 11th of this year, I wrote this post about what I perceive as a Civil War within the United States of America. It can be read here. I now want to expand on those thoughts and alarmingly speak about what a branch of the government has now done about it.

On June 7, 2022, the Department of Homeland Security issued a ‘national terrorism advisory’. You can read it here. Upon reading this document posted on the website, the advisory is warning of a threat from within the United States, not from outside. Think about that for a moment.

Within the document above, the Department of Homeland Security states, “In the coming months, DHS expects the threat environment to become more dynamic as several high-profile events could be exploited to justify acts of violence against a range of possible targets. These targets could include public gatherings, faith-based institutions, schools, racial, ethnic, and religious minorities, government facilities and personnel, U.S. critical infrastructure, the media, and perceived ideological opponents.” This basically means people (U.S. citizens) will pick sides and taking action.

This has already begun with the recent passing and reversal of the abortion bill, the attempt to strengthen gun laws, the events at the Capitol on January 6th, and of course the pointing fingers at the current President, blaming him for the high gas prices. Just to name a small few examples.

Our society has become one that has not only allowed freedom of speech but allowed people to go to the extreme with it, and then celebrate them doing so. Not approving craziness per se, but promotion and fanning the flames of it via media and social media. Thus encouraging everyone right to voice their opinion and announce it to the world. The wilder and more extreme the message, the more coverage it gets.

Growing up, I disagreed with people, and still do, but my tactics are logical, rational, and it does not involve voicing my different opinion on, pick the social media platform of your choice, or even worse resorting to violence to prove my point. My heart aches for my son, who is growing up in this world full of anger and hatred.

Don’t get me wrong, there are good people out there, but you rarely hear about them or see them. Everything is negative, exploited, violent and hatred.

I used to be proud to be an American. Not sure I can say that anymore. I read recently that Canada probably feels it is living in an apartment about a crack house. I cannot say I disagree with that. So I chose my topics carefully. I do so with my Civil War post last month. Unfortunately, I feel things are about to get much worse, and apparently the Department of Homeland Security feels so strongly they post an official warning on their website.

God Bless whatever this country has turned into. I hope and pray things will get better and quickly, but logically I don’t think it will happen.

Until next time,

Tim (Kilmer)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rocky Ridge/Breeden Ridge Trail

Photo by: Tim Bindner Photography Today I met my buddy Mark at O’ Bannon Woods State Park for a hike.  In this Coronavirus terrifying world, I needed to get out. My week had not been going so well.  I got some surprises at work that changed how future projects will go for me and I was bombarded by daily messages of doom about the Corona Virus.  I was looking forward to the weekend because I had two hikes planned.  This is the only one that happened. After a two day headache (Friday and Saturday) I was able to get out and hike.  I met Mark at the campground in O’ Bannon Woods and we set off on the Rocky Ridge Trail.  This is the trail we had planned on hiking a few weekends ago but it ended quickly when the forecasted 30% of rain became 100% sleet. The trail this time was still muddy but as I could tell by the campground area we would be alone.  As my boots slushed through the mud I watched from behind as Mark often caught a tree root or rock with the toe of his boot, sending...

Conformity !

Photo by: Tim Bindner In today’s post, I want to discuss something that has been on my mind for quite a while. I don’t have any solutions, but often just voicing my thoughts helps me be a little more at ease. Conformity is something we all must do. It is put on us by work, society, the government, family, loved ones and even friends. Sometimes it is easy to recognize, other times it is so hidden or repeated we don’t even realize it. Marcie and I were driving home yesterday through New Albany, Indiana, and we saw a motorcycle in front of us. First, let me say I was not being judgmental of this guy, but I pointed out some things that were obvious, or maybe not so much to my wife. This guy was in his 30’s I’d say. He was riding a Harley, wearing faded blue jeans and old cowboy boots (black, of course), and had a t-shirt on with his motorcycle club name and a logo with some sort of assault rifle on it. He had a black baseball cap on backwards with a flat bill on it. He also adjusted his t-...

31 Days of Halloween - Part 2 of 4

Part 1 Week 2 Halloween (2007) – I know I might get some blowback from this, but like the Friday the 13 th series, I also enjoy the Halloween series. It had some duds (Season of the Witch), but overall the 111 kills Michael Myers has committed lends itself to some good films. The reason I picked this version as my favorite is partly because of the vision Rob Zombie brings to it. The kid playing Michael is creepy and the 6’8″ Michael (played by Tyler Mane) is formidable on screen. I met the man once and he is huge. So I like it because of the creepy kid (Daeg Faerch), creepy adult (Tyler Mane) and of course no Rob Zombie movie would be complete without his lovely wife Sheri Moon Zombie as Michael’s mother. To me, this version is the best of the series with no disrespect to the first one. A Nightmare on Elm Street – The original movie came out in 1984 and I saw it that same year. This is one of my favorite movies but the series (other than Freddy vs. Jason) was a disappoint...