Skip to main content

Cobweb

 



I made my usual Monday gesture and sent out the two shots above to a list of friends, family, and coworkers. The act of sending my weekend shots to the same group of people brings me joy, as their feedback is always valuable to me. I received tons of positive feedback on both versions of the shot. The shots comprised a single image, with a cropped-in view of the wider photograph.

The process of taking the shot involved careful aim and a steady hand. Marcie and I were strolling with our friends from out of town, the dogs happily wagging their tails. Making our way down the path at Indian Creek Trail, we passed the quaint houses that bordered the beginning of the trail. As I looked to my right, an open field greeted me, shrouded in a foggy veil. The path was now lined with tall weeds, their leaves adorned with glistening beads of dew, creating ideal conditions for spiders to weave their intricate traps. I quickly grabbed my phone and excitedly told Marcie that I was going to capture a quick shot. Then, I snapped the wide shot you see above.

Cobwebs may fascinate me, but spiders are my ultimate fear. They are both enchanting and intimidating, these creatures that feast upon the bothersome insects that torment us all. These spiders employ their skillful craftsmanship to create magnificent traps, ensuring a successful hunt for their meals. The added sunlight reflecting on the drops of water brings out spectacular details, enhancing the photograph with a mesmerizing sparkle. The field was already picturesque, but the soft mist in the background elevated the shot, creating a dreamy and ethereal ambiance.

Some of the feedback I received about the cobweb pictures I took:

That's a neat shot. I'm glad you're enjoying your hobby still. 

the cropped shot is my favorite of the two.... very nice...

Extraordinary!!!

These are really awesome!

Love the beads of moisture on the web. Beautiful capture 

Stunning pic! Nicely done!

Frame it. That Is a keeper.

HI. I just wanted to let you know that your photos bring me so much joy. I look so forward to your new posts. Thank you for sharing them with us. 

Taken with my phone, this photograph perfectly captures the moment. Despite not having one of my three dedicated cameras with me that day, I captured exactly what I wanted. I find pure joy in capturing photographs. My mind is put at ease and, often, it brings delight to others, which is the greatest compliment.

I've been eagerly waiting for Saturday, as it marks the official start of my favorite season, with its vibrant colors and refreshing breeze. Fall. Despite the uncooperative weather, each passing day brings cooler temperatures and the anticipation of leaves changing colors as I eagerly await my return to the trails. With all of that, my photographic opportunities and desires will be heightened, and those I share my captures with will hopefully enjoy the benefits of what I strive to capture.

If you want to get my pictures (if you are not already), let me know and I will email them to you. As always, any feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Until next time,

Tim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave

  I’m not okay. This week has been stressful. So much, in fact, I had to take a medical leave from Humana. It began today and will last through most of March. Though I am relieved somewhat, I still am fighting some of those internal demons that constantly haunt me. During my last visit with the doctor Erin, she knew immediately, without a word, that something was wrong. She noticed, and we discussed these stressors on several visits prior to my last one. It is not uncommon for me to face challenges and feel emotionally unsettled. I haven’t been okay for a while. Every morning, I am greeted with a racing heart and a wave of panic and anxiety as soon as I wake up. I feel as though my heart is a runaway train, racing uncontrollably and leaving me uncertain of its eventual destination. Whether it’s anxiety, fear, overwhelm, burnout, depression, ADHD, or simply the fast-paced world we live in today, my mind reached its breaking point. Overcoming and shaking off this feeling is like

Living with Unwanted Flashbacks

  We all have that dusty attic in our minds, where echoes of forgotten and moments of fleeting images gather. But for some of us, like me, that attic door swings open uninvited. Flooding my present with unwanted guests: flashbacks. These unwanted visitors aren’t here for tea and biscuits. Nor simply to say hello and wish me good will. They are here to replay scenes I desperately want to erase. ‘ I hate getting flashbacks from things I don’t want to remember ’ is a statement that carries the weight of unspoken stories. A statement for me that shares stories of trauma, loss, fear, and pain disguised as fleeting sensations. Those vivid emotions and intrusive thoughts that flow uncontrollably into my brain. Often like a raging river, but other times like a dripping faucet. It can be the sudden smell of rain triggering a childhood storm, a car backfiring, echoing a violent argument or harsh criticism from a parent, or a familiar song transporting you back to a moment of heartbreak. Liv

End

I don't worry about the world ending.  It has ended for me many times and always started the next morning. Until next time  Tim