My luck might be turning for the better. At least in the short term. Out of the blue Wednesday, I got a text from a dear friend asking if we could have lunch Thursday. As I had to work, I had to decline but he followed up with “what time you get off?” So we scheduled an early dinner to meet. I was excited and a bit nervous, as I was not sure why he wanted to meet. Shawn is a lifelong friend who I wrote about in a previous blog . We have known each other since we were kids. He is like a brother to me. Throughout our lives, we have taken different paths and have gone years without speaking due to kids, wives, and careers, but when we do get together it is like nothing has changed. We met at Cracker Barrel, and as is always the case I arrived early. I sat down and starting thinking about how we met, the many times we spent together and some of the crazy adventures we had been upon. Shawn has been in my life for 36 years. Soon he arrived, sat down and we began talking. ...
Comments
Post a Comment
Love to get your feedback on what you read!